Friday, 9 March 2018

Trip to a Wonderland: KUTCH

Hi There,

If you have already read my last posts, until now I was visiting old monuments, ancient villages and hills. This time I experienced the graceful bliss of silence under the moonlight beauty, standing on the edge of  the Nation. This is the white desert of India, known as Kutch.




I was always fascinated by the skylight, illuminating fields and spreading it's edge beyond end. The moonlight and the silver salty desert fulfilled my dream. When I was about to reach, I was stunned looking at the evening sky, as it was the daylight wishing all good-bye and eventually the night sky is waking up from a beautiful dream.




Now, I'll walk you through my journey to this mysteries place,



0. Best Season to visit: 

People visiting Kutch in summer would find uncomfortable weather however, the winter is pleasant. I would advice you to visit by November to February and you will be able to attend the great Kutch festival, Rann Utsav.



I have been there in the month of December and let me tell you guys, the nighttide of cold breeze with the musical magnitude on the desert is splendid.






1. How to reach Kutch:  

There is alot of ways to reach Kutch however you need to reach Bhuj first. I'll try to jot down some of the efficient ways to reach,


  • Reach Ahmedabad and take a cab to Gita Nagar bus stop. From there government bus will take you to Bhuj. The distance is almost 330 KM.  This might take 5/6 hours and the cost is 250 Rs.
  • You may take flight direct to Bhuj from anywhere from the country however it will charge you a bomb.
  • If you fancy about travelling in a train, you may come directly to Bhuj, the station code is BHUJ. However, direct train service are available from selected cities only. e.g. Delhi.

The Rann of Kutch is 100 K.M. away from Bhuj. I rented a private car and that's why the cost was little high. However, let me tell you get a bike if possible. Mark my words, you will remember the ride the whole of your life.




2. Where to stay:   


There is a place in Kutch Rann and the place is known as Tent City. This is beautiful eco-park-high tech-tent house. You can stay there however staying would charge you 3000 bucks appx.




There are a lot of resorts near by where you can go in group and rent. Per head shear will come around 500/600 bucks.




I would prefer to stay at Bhuj. As I travel frequent I need some cheap places to hop in. In Bhuj you will find homestay, cheap hotels.


Again, checkout Couchsurfing. You may find awesome hosts, guides and fellow travelers across the globe, somebody may make your journey memorable!


3. Things to keep in mind:  


As your journey is gonna be a long one, I would advice you to keep some food like biscuit, water always with you. This one is my core experience, I was starving while I was travelling. 


And for girls, its the shopping experience,





And at last, I want to thank all the love and response I received from the CRPF and Police, I just want to them, " I am safe because you people are there. There is no way we can repay you."





Finishing with this beautiful Gujrati Clay painting, See you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You...!!