Thursday, 5 April 2018

God's Own Country Kerala- Varkala

Hiya all,

Welcome back to my new post. Today I'll be writing about my solo trip to Kerala. I had 4 days of leave so I could cover two places. One is Munnar and other one is Varkala. Here, I'll be talking about Varkala, for Munnar_ stay tuned.

Varkala, the paradise of Kerala tourism offers not only beautiful beaches, also this small city stuffed with incredible cuisine, charming weather and open hand of nature that welcomes you.




From here on, I'll carry all the details that would help you! Lets begin.



0. Best Season to visit:

I'll divide the whole timeline such that you can decide yours.



So, as you can see the weather is quite pleasant during September to January. From May to August the beach will be closed due to rain.


1. How to reach Varkala:

There are a lot of means of transportation viz,

  • Train, the name of Varkala Station is Varkala Shivangiri also VAK in IRCTC. The railway station is just 4 KM from the beach and the places where you may find some cheap places to stay.  It costs almost 300 bucks from Bangalore to Varkala via train. 
  • You may go ahead and take some private bus from Bangalore to Varkala however it might charge you a bit.
  • Via flight, yes, book your ticket to Trivandrum, there you would fine lots of transport to  Varkala. 
From my experience, Kerala is the most friendly place I have ever visited. The whole trip was hitch-hiking only. I waited on roadside waving my hand to every passing vehicles and I got a lot of hikes. 

Of course self driving is a option. Hop on a car or bike and get-set-go.


2. Where to stay: 

There are hotels and lodges all available in the city however near by the beach there are some hostels and home stay. For 200 rupees per day you can stay with a bunch of amazing people who also has their own stories to tell. 

In the peak season, for example in the month of October to February the home stay charges are comparatively high. They might charge for a full fledged room for 2500 rupees. Hostels are cheap however during the peak season it might be a little bit difficult to find a room. One thing, most of the  hostel and home stays has kitchenette, cook your own food.  


3. Places to visit :

As I told you before, Varkala is a small city. The main point of attraction is the beach and the food.


Varkala Beach:



Black Beach



Some random pictures from Gallery,




Now, the Food


The famous Sweet Banana Chips, the amazing feeling of soft crispy mouth-watering piece of fried banana which melts on your mouth.




Authentic Kerala Thali,



4. Things to keep in Mind:


Some issues that I faced and this column is nothing but a early heads-up to all fellow traveler,

  • Carry a good sun-screen lotion, I visited in March and I got tanned. 
  • Wear loose and cotton cloths. 
  • Always carry change, finding a ATM may be difficult.
  • And again, keep a packet of biscuit and water bottle with you wherever you go. In some situation this is a life savior. 

Someone says 'happiness comes in tides', and that thing was emerging on the beach side. Your day won't go in vogue if there is a smiling face ready to welcome.




That's all folks, see you with some new contents. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You...!!